2-way valves are straightforward components that can help you save energy and money. These valves have an inlet and an outlet port, and are found in basic on/off applications as well as variable flow systems that experience changes in temperature, flows, and pressures. These valves can lower total operating costs by reducing absorbed pumping power and by running heating and cooling systems under variable speeds.
For some chilled or hot water applications, the 2-way valve is the ideal solution; with peak effectiveness occurring when the valve operates at 30% - 80% open. Operating the valve in this range will extend the life of the valve and help prevent damage to the valve. An excellent option for shutting off or modulating a single source control of temperature, flow, or pressure.
How it Works: 2-Way Valves
- 3 main components: Valve body, Actuator, Spindle and Plug
- You can use pneumatic or electric actuation
- Available in many different diameters (15mm -300mm)
- Different size actuators are available for different size valve bodies.
- A 2-way valve can be used to control heating and/or regulate the flow and temperature.
- 2-way valves feature two ports — an inlet and an outlet port.
- Used for on/off applications.
- Easy to install
- Significant cost and energy savings
- Tight seal leakage protection
2-Way Valve Applications
These valves are ideal for heating and cooling hot oil, water, and steam applications.
2-Way Valve Industries
- Municipal Steam
For example, if your operating temperature is at 300 °F, but you only want it to be at 250 °F, a 2-way valve can help make that adjustment using sensors. The valve would make any needed adjustments in the flow (e.g., pressure, temperature, stream) in order to keep the preferred temperature range.
Request a Quote
Whether you’re considering using a valve for basic on/off applications or variable flow systems that experience changes in pressure, temperature, and/or flow, consider working with 2-way valves; not only do they allow for enhanced efficiency, they also bring about significant cost savings.
As the official distributor of Baelz Automatic control valves, actuators, and controllers, Baelz North America is proud to offer top-quality 2-way valves to fit any type of application. Contact us today to learn more, or request a quote for your specific needs.