What Is Process Heating and Cooling?
Many industries rely on process heating and cooling, both of which serve different purposes.
Process heating is responsible for providing heat to assist in the production of basic materials and everyday products. It's often used to manufacture steel, cement, textiles, composites, electronics, computer chips, and cosmetics.
If anapplication requires consistent temperature controls, process cooling is typically used. Industrial chillers are often used to cool various processes due to their ability to provide cooling capacity in any environment. Regardless of any changes in heat load, ambient temperature, and flow requirements, chillers can effectively remove heat from many industrial processes.
How Are Process Heating and Cooling Used in Industrial Applications?
Industrial process heating and cooling are used for industrial applications in several ways. Process heating systems can provide direct or indirect heating for:
- Food and beverage applications such as boiling, washing, drying, rendering, and pasteurizing
- Chemical production applications such as distilling, boiling, and reaction processes
- Recycling applications such as drying and bleaching
Process cooling is often used for the following:
- Direct cooling. Process cooling is used to provide direct cooling of a product such as metal products throughout the machining process or plastic during the molding process.
- Cooling a specific process. It provides cooling for processes such as chemical reaction vessels and fermentation of lager and beer.
- Machine cooling. Process cooling assists with machine cooling for equipment such as gearboxes, hydraulic circuits, treatment ovens, and welding or laser cutting equipment.
Control Valves & Ejectors for Process Heating and Cooling
Control valves play an important role in facilitating precision control of water heating and cooling systems. This is especially true for heating and cooling systems in power plants.
In power plants, heat exchanger applications and steam heating supplies use a selection of Baelz valve and ejector parts. They're used for circulating steam, heating and cooling water, and regulating thermal oil. Power plant managers also use Baelz steam-to-liquid ejectors to heat water through direct steam ejection. These ejectors are also used to cool, reduce, and recirculate steam buildup.
High-Quality Control Valves from Baelz
To ensure consistent results from process heating and cooling systems, it's crucial to have the right control valves for these systems. Depending on your application, Baelz North America can provide you with the right products for process heating and cooling, including two-way and three-way valves featuring pneumatic and electrical operation. Through the use of our control valve products, a wide range of facilities and applications can benefit from reliable process heating and cooling, improved production, and better product quality.